samedi 6 juin 2015

Abnormal EMG and NVC

Good morning to everyone, I'm a 45 year old male and had my first EMG and NCV three days ago. Unfortunately results were not normal. The findings with EMG were diffuse distal denervation consistent with polyneuropathy and focal denervation of the Tibialis Anterior muscle.

According to the doctor, I have mild polyneuropathy, moderate bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome and left L5 radiculopathy

I also had low velocity in the left and right median, left and right peroneal, left and right ulnar and left tibial (all motor nerves). Also prolongued distal distal peak latency and decreased conduction velocity in both left and right mediand sensory nerves.
In adittion, I have to get an MRI to check if I have something going on in the L5. I tell you that I have kind of weird feeling in my left leg, specially in the foot and behind the knee, but I cannot detect to have lost strenght so far. And in regards to TCS, I have some pain but not really much, also havent detected loss of strengh.
Please your guidance is if these are preliminary sympthoms of something severe like MS or ALS. Unfortunately I read too much and Im really afraid.
Thanks in advance to your answers and opinions


Abnormal EMG and NVC

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire