dimanche 7 juin 2015

Abnormal Kidney Scan

New to this group- Have a question. In Dec I was in the ER for some stomach problems, they did a CT and noticed I had a mass on my kidney. Told me to follow up with a dr when I got home. (I was out of state). A few months later due to scheduling I finally did. He looked at the scan and gave me three options.
1. have surgery to do a biopsy and burn/freeze it off. stated the biopsy really wouldn't say anything cause labs won't confirm cancer of the kidney very often.
2. have a different kind of surgery where he would go in and cut it out.
3. wait and re-scan in 6 months and see what happens and re-review options.

I was in the middle of my internship for school and didn't have time for option 1/2, so I went with 3. I just had my scan done and will meet with him on Thursday to discuss.

Last time he had me convinced it was cancer, but not an awful thing as it was relatively small and where it was located it was easy to remove. I am a bit nervous going back to see how or if it has changed.

My questions are this.
Does that sound right, the biopsy typically won't confirm cancer?
Is surgery really my only option either way?

Sorry- I am a bit scared- mom to two amazing kiddos and starting a new career in August!

Thanks!


Abnormal Kidney Scan

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire