Hello...I have not posted to this board before and am hoping someone can help me clarify some things. I've had knee stiffness, swelling and pain for going on two years. The MRI report states, "full-thickness chondral deficiency of the lateral patellar facet and lateral femoral trochlea with underlying subchondral cystic changes." The orthopedic surgeon said he has never seen it this bad in someone my age (52) and that a replacement is the only way to fix it. I had the surgery scheduled and approved by insurance when three days before the surgery he said he didn't feel comfortable doing a full replacement on someone my age. He was very passionate before about the replacement being the only way to help my situation that I believed him and mentally prepared myself for the surgery. He told me the full-thickness deficiency meant there is no cartilage left and it is a bone-on-bone situation. He took x-rays in his office a few days ago and said the x-rays don't show bone-on-bone, even though the MRI did. Now I'm really confused. Has anyone else had this diagnosis? Can anyone clarify it for me? I am going for a second opinion with someone else, but I'm curious if anyone else has been in the same situation and if so, what other options are there?
Thank you!
Tina
Thank you!
Tina
Cartilage Loss Question
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire