I am 57 have experienced very heavy periods regularly for many years. I thought this was because I was on the pill for almost 20 years and this was payback time for my very light periods. I also took Zoloft for depression for 17 years and weaned off of it when I began to have acid reflux. I believed that the Zoloft was the cause and the reflux eventually became much less an issue.
I have now missed three periods. I have noticed that since this time I am having stomach issues that an endoscope procedure showed as only mild gastritis. Anxiety and nausea are occurring on a fairly regular basis as well as insomnia. I also have occasions when my face feels like a fever but my temperature is normal. Yesterday, I realized that I forgot to close the back door of my car after exiting a parking lot. I lack the motivation to do many of the things I used to enjoy and it seems my symptoms tend to be worse during the time I usually have a period.
Is this peri menopause? What is my next step? I am willing to consider the pill or am I at a place to discuss with my doctor the possibility of HRT. I can't bear the idea that I won't feel better. Currently, my doctor has me on Xanax for anxiety but I want to discontinue the drug if something will help my symptoms that is less addictive.
I have now missed three periods. I have noticed that since this time I am having stomach issues that an endoscope procedure showed as only mild gastritis. Anxiety and nausea are occurring on a fairly regular basis as well as insomnia. I also have occasions when my face feels like a fever but my temperature is normal. Yesterday, I realized that I forgot to close the back door of my car after exiting a parking lot. I lack the motivation to do many of the things I used to enjoy and it seems my symptoms tend to be worse during the time I usually have a period.
Is this peri menopause? What is my next step? I am willing to consider the pill or am I at a place to discuss with my doctor the possibility of HRT. I can't bear the idea that I won't feel better. Currently, my doctor has me on Xanax for anxiety but I want to discontinue the drug if something will help my symptoms that is less addictive.
Going nuts
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire