dimanche 7 juin 2015

Possible surgery

I am 73 years old. In 1989 I herniated C-3 through T-2 and lost the use of my right arm because the cord was being pinched at C-6. In 1990 I had a C-6 discectomy which gave me most of the use of my right arm back. Then I was rear-ended in an auto accident and had a C-5 discectomy with fusion. That made the pain and muscle weakness go into my legs as well as both arms, putting me in a power wheelchair.
Now I am having more pain and muscle weakness in my arms and legs. The latest MRI showed severe stenosis at C-5, 6 and 7, with cord flattening at those levels. My neurologist is sending me to a surgeon to try to fix it. I have degenerative disc disease besides the damage from the head injury in the accident. I would like some advice. Please.
I also have CAEBV for 12 years, fibromyalgia, and non-treatable type 2 diabetes. I am losing my eyesight too. I can walk a little in my apt but not for long because of pain and cramping. I am allergic to all the meds for diabetes and crave sugar because I am a recovering alcoholic (32 years sobriety).:cool:


Possible surgery

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire