In March I had an infection in my trachea and was on prednisone/azithromycin for 5 days. In early May was the start of my flare up so I was on another 5 days of prednisone and azithromycin. My asthma still wasn't really better after I was done the medication. My family doctor put me on the maximum amount of medications. I also use saline in my nebulizer and take an expectorant syrup. My allergies are causing this flare. I get really congested, get inflammation in my chest, my lips can turn bluish. I have a really hard time. My airways are so sensitive that everything sets them off. I stay inside on high pollen days and spend very limited time outdoors on moderate pollen days. Since mold is another of my allergies rainy days bother me too. I was also put on a prednisone taper. Starting out at 50mg and tapering down 5mg every 3 days. I was ok until I got to 30mg. At 30mg I had a really really bad asthma attack that I was able to get under control with my inhaler. My family doctor slowed down my taper from every 3 to every 5 days and put me back on 40mg of prednisone. I was referred to a pulmonologist but since there's only one here I will probably have a long wait. I'm going to check on the referral next week and get put on a cancellation list. Some days are better than others. I need to get a/c because humidity is another of my triggers. My asthma has never been this bad.
Really bad flare that won't stop
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire