mardi 9 juin 2015

Scared to death!

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to hear my story. My husband is 49 years old and has been a heavy smoker for 3o years. We have been together for 3 years and during this time he has had recurring bronchitis. His GP gave him a slew of medications to try including antibiotics and allergy meds. He also suggested an endoscopy to look for GERD, which he has and was contributing to some of the chest congestion. In march he had bronchitis and I asked his GP if we could do a low dose ct to see whats going on in the lungs. The scan revealed 2 nodules in the lower left lobe. One was 4mm and the other 2mm. The report said they were solid with smooth margins and polygonal shape. My husband has had pneumonia and croup as a child as many bouts of bronchitis. He also works construction so he breathes in a lot of dust. Having said all that there is a high likelihood they are benign. However, I lost my mother to cancer when I was 15 and I am still scared to death! We saw a pulmonologist and he said there was a 5 percent chance they were cancer and we could re-scan in 6 to 12 months. I have a horrible habit of googling all health conditions and reading about metastic cancer and lung cancer at all has been in a panic all the time. I went to see a counselor and am taking anxiety meds. My husband called his doctor yesterday and asked if we could move the follow up scan. The next one was scheduled for October 12th and I have had so many nervous breakdowns. Any input would be greatly appreciated !!


Scared to death!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire