I suffer from Cluster Headaches and have since I was in high school (about 25 years now). I just started a cycle last week. They are described as the worst kind of migraine possible. I did not see anything on the boards and was wondering if anyone else suffers from these? They are called clusters because they come in cycles (every so many years). They start off coming at night/wake me up and then the frequency and intensity of them increases daily until they peak and then decrease in frequency/intensity and then they are gone. A cycle can last up to 6 months for me. They are one-sided and it feels like a sharp, hot, poker is being stabbed into my eye and up my nose repeatedly. I have literally pulled my hair out and banged my head on the wall or floor. I got 3 in the last week at night/wake me up and 1 while awake. My husband gives me a shot of Imitrex (which works) but the goal is to break the cycle. So, I start taking high dose of Prednisone (80 mg/day and taper off). Also, I start taking Verapamil which needs time to build up in my system and is supposed to break the cycle - it has worked in the past but also did not work more times then it did). I have been seen by Jefferson Headache in Philadelphia and they couldn't break a cycle and have tried many different prescriptions (i.e. topamax, depakote & others) that have not worked and did not like the side effects. Would really like to find someone else that suffers from these and can relate. Also, if you have any suggestions or information about them, that would be great!
Is There Anyone Else?
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire