Hello,
I've had swollen throat, excess mucous, post-nasal drip and hoarseness for months now. It began when I had strep and took some antibiotics. In the beginning, my globus was horrible and lasted for days. Now its much more milder but still troublesome.
My main symptoms now are:
- swollen throat,
- mucous caught in the throat. Can clear it out but it comes back.
- bad taste in back of mouth (i'm sure bad breath too)
- some hoarseness
I get the above attacks once or twice a week. Being a control freak with some history of anxiety, I want to know exactly HOW these symptoms occur. Much of my time when I'm NOT experiencing the symptoms, I'm worrying about them coming back. Since the symptoms seem to appear at random times, it is frustrating.
Sometimes I feel I cause the symptoms when I just worry or think about it. Other times I feel its brought upon by food, acid reflux.
My ENT looked and saw signs of LPR. She put me on a 6 week diet that I tried my best at. Seemed to help but still get these flare ups.
So here are some of my questions I am hoping to get from anyone:
- can LPR symptoms be delayed?
- can I eat a trigger food at night and not feel the effects til next day?
- can worrying cause my throat to swell then excessive mucous get caught in there causing worse symptoms?
- can my LPR be gone and this just be over-sensitization or something else?
- does dairy cause LPR? Most books say dairy/milk is fine for LPR/GERD but it might be causing my mucous issues.
- anything that can help soothe symptoms instantly. I try cough drops, water, tea and all don't seem to help that much.
The only thing that makes it better is concentrating on something else, which is pretty tough to do sometimes. ALso, watching my diet seems to help too
Thank you for any help.
I've had swollen throat, excess mucous, post-nasal drip and hoarseness for months now. It began when I had strep and took some antibiotics. In the beginning, my globus was horrible and lasted for days. Now its much more milder but still troublesome.
My main symptoms now are:
- swollen throat,
- mucous caught in the throat. Can clear it out but it comes back.
- bad taste in back of mouth (i'm sure bad breath too)
- some hoarseness
I get the above attacks once or twice a week. Being a control freak with some history of anxiety, I want to know exactly HOW these symptoms occur. Much of my time when I'm NOT experiencing the symptoms, I'm worrying about them coming back. Since the symptoms seem to appear at random times, it is frustrating.
Sometimes I feel I cause the symptoms when I just worry or think about it. Other times I feel its brought upon by food, acid reflux.
My ENT looked and saw signs of LPR. She put me on a 6 week diet that I tried my best at. Seemed to help but still get these flare ups.
So here are some of my questions I am hoping to get from anyone:
- can LPR symptoms be delayed?
- can I eat a trigger food at night and not feel the effects til next day?
- can worrying cause my throat to swell then excessive mucous get caught in there causing worse symptoms?
- can my LPR be gone and this just be over-sensitization or something else?
- does dairy cause LPR? Most books say dairy/milk is fine for LPR/GERD but it might be causing my mucous issues.
- anything that can help soothe symptoms instantly. I try cough drops, water, tea and all don't seem to help that much.
The only thing that makes it better is concentrating on something else, which is pretty tough to do sometimes. ALso, watching my diet seems to help too
Thank you for any help.
LPR- Questions
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire