I'm having surgery in a month for a grade two rectocele and also having the tvt sling done. My surgeon said it would all be done under a spinal rather than general anestetic. Will I be able to walk right after if I have a spinal? Does it hurt? Will I feel anything? He said he would sedate me as well. Will I be aware of the procedure or spaced out?
I had five children without an epidural therefore the needle in the back thing...I never did. Needless to say it does freak me out a bit. I'd like feedback from someone who has had that, the other thing is the going home possibly with a catheter? I'm supposed to go home the same day and if I don't pee....I go home with a catheter...how does that work at home?
About the recovery...how painful is it whole thing? I love going for long walks, will I be able to do that shortly after? I'm 50 years old and figured I should do this now rather than later since the older we are the longer the recovery. I'm a fairly active person, always on the go, always with a house full....the thought of having the slow down for a few weeks isn't too appealing. Will I be able to drive a few days later...do groceries....errands? Has anyone only used reg. strength Tylenol and avoided heavy meds?
What about long term recovery...is everything going to work the same?
The tvt sling....hoping it stops the peeing the pants problem when I'm laughing.
Looking forward to hearing from some of you who have had this done.
I had five children without an epidural therefore the needle in the back thing...I never did. Needless to say it does freak me out a bit. I'd like feedback from someone who has had that, the other thing is the going home possibly with a catheter? I'm supposed to go home the same day and if I don't pee....I go home with a catheter...how does that work at home?
About the recovery...how painful is it whole thing? I love going for long walks, will I be able to do that shortly after? I'm 50 years old and figured I should do this now rather than later since the older we are the longer the recovery. I'm a fairly active person, always on the go, always with a house full....the thought of having the slow down for a few weeks isn't too appealing. Will I be able to drive a few days later...do groceries....errands? Has anyone only used reg. strength Tylenol and avoided heavy meds?
What about long term recovery...is everything going to work the same?
The tvt sling....hoping it stops the peeing the pants problem when I'm laughing.
Looking forward to hearing from some of you who have had this done.
Rectocele surgery and tvt sling
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire